Looking to golf in the Miami area? If you live here or plan to purchase luxury real estate, we have hand selected the top courses for you to enjoy while you are in Miami. Listed in order of prestige, you won’t want to miss a day at one of these stunning courses.
1. The Links at Fisher Island Club: If you are seeking a luxurious, exclusive golf experience, look no further than the Fisher Island Club golf course. The Links at Fisher Island is ranked as the 8th course in the nation by Golf Digest. This five-star country club features a nine-hole, par 35-championship golf course with spectacular restaurants and amenities.Visit the Links 10,000 square-foot clubhouse, full-size practice range, or short game area, with instruction offered by PGA professionals. Stop by the golf shop or dine at the Greenside restaurant. The beautiful, yet challenging course is crafted with lakes, lagoons, and strategically-placed bunkers at each perfectly manicured hole. Fisher Island is one of the most exclusive zip codes in the country and is the perfect choice for those in the market for Miami luxury real estate. This course plays along Miami’s shipping channel where yachts and cruise ships sail through, it’s no surprise this course is so highly ranked.
2. Turnberry Isle Resort & Golf Club: For our second choice course, is the Turnberry Isle Golf course, home to two luxury courses: Soffer and Miller. These legendary 18-hole champion courses were part of a $150 million renovation to the Turnberry Country Club at the JW Marriott Miami in Aventura. The Soffer is a challenging course that features creeks, water hazards, while the Miller course is shorter and allows players to focus on their accuracy with its strategic shot-maker’s layout. As a member of this club, you can enjoy not only Turnberry’s renowned golfing experience, but also the resort’s tennis center, award-winning dining, full wellness spa and 5-acre pool and waterpark area. Those who live nearby often escape to Turnberry to stay at the JW Marriott for a relaxing weekend of links and leisure.
3. Indian Creek Country Club If you are seeking a unique golf experience Indian Creek Country Club has it all. This club is located between Bal Harbor, Surfside, and Miami beach in the heart of Indian Creek Island. It is the perfect combination of luxury and privacy, limited to only 300 elite members. Indian Creek Island is home to one of America’s most exclusive communities with only a few dozen properties surrounding the club. Only members can enter the website or tee up at this course making it highly sought after. Some say the course is better groomed than Augusta with the best locker room in the country. As for the course itself, it features a combination of long and short holes, as well as bunkers making it a top pick for golf enthusiasts who favor both a challenge and exclusivity.
4. La Gorce Country Club La Gorce Country Club features a prestigious golf course right on Miami Beach. Only minutes from Biscayne Bay and Normandy Isles, this 18-hole championship course was redesigned in 2016 by Jack Nicklaus. Bunkers and water hazards are placed throughout the course enhancing the immaculate landscaping. Australian pine and Royal Palm trees line each hole along with stunning views of the Miami skyline. With over 90 years of historic prestige dating back to the 1920’s, this club is a beloved Miami staple. However, the club membership is by invitation only. Besides golf, La Gorce members can enjoy 6 tennis courts, croquet, a state of the art fitness center, and a relaxing pool lounge area.
5. Trump National Doral (Blue Monster) The iconic Trump National Doral offers five 18-hole courses. However the Blue Monster is the highest-ranked amongst all of them. Designed by famous architect Gil Hanse, Blue Monster has earned a reputation as one of the most spectacular and challenging courses. It features 7,590 yards of deep bunkers, flowing fairways, a selection of hazards and a legendary 18th hole. GOLF Magazine named it among the top 100 holes in the world. Tiger Woods, Patrick Reed, and Bubba Watson are a few of the famed players to take a shot at the Blue Monster while hosting the PGA for fifty-five consecutive years.
6. The Biltmore Our last pick for Miami golfing has to go to The Biltmore. This Coral Gables hotel features a par-71 course designed by Donald Ross in 1926. The challenge of this course stems from the dogleg holes and a signature 17th hole that features green surrounded by water on three sides. After your game, treat yourself at the Biltmore spa or take a swim in the country’s largest hotel pool just beyond the clubhouse. This Miami legacy is one of Miami’s most well known destinations.