Four Seasons Hotel and Residences at The Surf Club is the realization of a vision of luxury living in the twenty-first-century, built on the glamour of old Miami. The eternal allure of the shoreline that Four Seasons Hotel and Residences at The Surf Club adorns has been paired with the pure brilliance of architect Richard Meier, known for designing the Getty Center in Los Angeles and a recipient of the Pritzker Prize, architecture’s highest honor. Meier’s complex of buildings for Four Seasons Hotel and Residences at The Surf Club —two residential towers flank the Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club — are nestled within The Surf Club’s historically protected palace of whimsy, a Mediterranean Revival masterpiece designed by Russell Pancoast in 1930.
It’s an extraordinary circumstance for a historic social club to serve as the architectural foundation for a contemporary hotel, especially a hotel offering Four Seasons standards of service and care. Aptly enough, Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club is also part of the legacy of luxury that is the portfolio of Four Seasons historic hotels, a cultivated collection of properties that includes the 15th century Four Seasons Hotel Milano and Four Seasons Hotel George V, Paris, built in 1928.
FOUR SEASONS LIFESTYLE
Four Seasons will provide a world-class level of service and amenities at Four Seasons Hotel and Residences at The Surf Club, reminiscent of the era when the Duke and Duchess of Windsor frequented The Surf Club. Founded by the legendary Isadore Sharp of Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts and celebrating more than 50 years in the hotel industry, Four Seasons prides itself on anticipatory, personalized, insightful service. The staff knows what you want even before you know you want it yourself.
Living at The Surf Club is living the dream, and will create memories that last a lifetime and beyond for generations to come.
Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts pioneered branded residences in 1982, and the discriminating home-owners who choose to live in a Four Seasons branded residence are also citizens of the world, people who know that the greatest luxury is time and freedom. At Four Seasons Private Residences at The Surf Club, every detail of construction, architecture, interior design, and world-class amenities is supervised by Four Seasons. This active and dynamic management role adds to the long-term value of a bespoke lifestyle. Four Seasons Private Residences at The Surf Club will be a prestigious, low-key, residential address with all the advantages of living in a grand hotel. Homeowners can come and go easily—on-demand car service is available for transport to and from the airport.
In the early years of the original Surf Club, architect Russell Pancoast instinctively understood that the cabanas would always remain the true soul of the property. In that era, the opulent and formal cabanas were home to elaborate luncheons, fashion shows, and such special events as presentations of gleaming new race cars. Throughout that epoch, the passing parade of aristocrats, statesmen, and celebrities on “Cabana Row” often included Winston Churchill, who could be found painting seascapes and sipping cocktails in his cabana.
The transformed cabanas for Four Seasons Hotel at The Surf Club — realized by Joseph Dirand, returns the fabled oceanfront retreats to the essence of their aesthetic allure, those rich vistas of the endlessly beguiling Atlantic Ocean. As with all truly elegant creations, the cabanas at The Surf Club are simple and beautifully executed.
The airy sanctuaries have cool-as-a-breeze terrazzo floors, tropical rattan furniture, and free-standing mirrors reflecting the palm trees outside. In step with the contemporary era of luxury, Dirand’s work on the cabanas is all about the clean lines and pure functional beauty of modernity. This will be South Florida as it is meant to be lived, with grace and elegance infusing every pleasure taken.
FOUR SEASONS HOTEL RESIDENCES AT THE SURF CLUB
The thirty one-and-two bedroom Four Seasons Hotel Residences are located closest to the hotel and feature the refined aesthetic and thoughtful details proposed by Joseph Dirand. Known for his ability to reimagine classical design he infuses the Hotel Residences with timeless elegance and a modern twist. These fully finished and furnished residences are the very essence of effortless chic. Personally curated with his exquisite taste, the Hotel Residences feature custom Joseph Dirand furniture designed exclusively for the The Surf Club. Once purchased, the owner will have the ultimate freedom over how and when to participate in the Four Season Rental Program.
- 950 to 2,000 square feet oneand two-bedroom homes
- Interiors and furniture package designed by architect Joseph Dirand
- Custom–built Permasteelisa glazing system designed by Richard Meier
- Floor–to–ceiling sliding glass doors with six feet wide panels
- Signature Joseph Dirand–designed kitchen
- Signature Joseph Dirand–designed bathrooms
- Private elevator entrances to all residences with dedicated residential elevator core
- Kitchen exhaust system that vents to the outside for each residence
FOUR SEASONS PRIVATE RESIDENCES AT THE SURF CLUB
Richard Meier has distinguished each Private Residence with his special attention to detail and style. Meier has created fifty-one unique floor plans and has collaborated with internationally renowned designer Lee Mindel on the selection of interior finishes. Meier’s vision is rooted in the natural world and seamlessly integrates indoor and outdoor living.
Ranging in size from 1,800 square feet to 7,800 square feet, with floor-to-ceiling glass “walls” and up to twenty-foot-high ceilings, the residences also feature effortless “lift and glide” terrace doors which lead out to spacious terraces that range up to eighteen feet in depth, with frameless glass balcony railings. The views of the Atlantic will be clear and unobstructed. The beauty of the ocean—and its cooling breezes—washes over into the interiors of each residence. Some rooftop residences even have private swimming pools, atriums with private indoor courtyards, and outdoor showers and kitchens.
- 121 Residences from 1,800 to 7,800 square feet
- Residences consist of 2–5 bedrooms and en-suite baths
- Custom built Permasteelisa glazing system designed by Richard Meier
- Floor to ceiling windows throughout
- Unique custom indoor-outdoor transition to terrace
- Custom–design shade pockets
- Effortless “lift and glide” terrace doors with minimum six–foot openings (up to 12 feet openings in selected residences)
- Glass panels spanning 6 feet wide and 9¾ feet high
- Laminated-insulated low–iron glass, creating higher energy efficiency and noise reduction
- Frameless glass balcony railings extending beyond the slab
- Expansive terraces up to 12 feet in depth
- All Residences delivered furniture–ready complete, with installed Richard Meier-selected Este Light
- Italian Travertine or wood flooring.
- Richard Meier/Boffi custom-designed kitchens with high–lacquer–finished cabinets
- Corian countertops with seamless monolithic sinks
- Miele and Sub-Zero integrated appliance package
- Up to six burner gas or electric induction cooktop
- Richard Meier custom-designed master baths
- Bathrooms, fixtures, fittings and accessories by Toto, Duravit, Boffi and Dornbracht
- Laundry rooms are outfitted with full sized washer and dryers
- Dedicated service elevators for staff and deliveries
- Chilled water–air–conditioning system
- Multi-zone climate control system
- Ultra–high–speed connectivity
- Level five wall finishes
- Back-up power for cold storage
- Flush–mount solid–core interior swing doors
- Kitchen exhaust system that vents to the outside
Surf Club Four Seasons is presented to you by top realtors:
+1 (786) 863-5900
+1 (561) 310-3009
Fill up the form to schedule a showing for Surf Club Four Seasons:
Images and brochure courtesy of Surf Club Four Seasons